Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Organic Foods

Recently I had someone ask me the question: "I'm eating all organic and I'm not losing any weight". When I asked exactly what she was eating, I was a bit shocked.

Eating organic is wonderful and healthy, but just because it's organic does not mean you can eat it all and as much as you want!! Calories are calories! Organic doesn't change that!!!

Again, think about what you are putting into your body!!! With summer here it's a great time to have salads, add chicken, fish or tofu for protein and watch the dressings. Drink plenty of water, stay away from the diet drinks and grab that apple for a snack. Keep that metabolism burning with those healthy snacks. Nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruit, a protein bar (watch the calories) are all great choices.

After a workout be sure to eat plenty of protein; a protein shake is a great post workout snack.

A number of you are gearing up for the marathon season coming up; try to schedule your training in the early morning hours when it's cool; do not get over heated. Heat stroke is affecting many runners this year; be sure you're not one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment