Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meditation

Many people have asked me how to meditate.  I must admit it took a long time before I could actually relax and let go of my racing  thoughts.  The first time I tried it, all I could focus on was the clock! 

When attempting to meditate you'll need to find a comfortable and quiet area away from any distractions (phone, t.v., pets, children).  Don't be discouraged if you can't let it  go the first time you try it.  Just sit quietly, close your eyes and attempt to allow thoughts to flow from your mind.   I always tell my yoga students to allow those thoughts to come into your mind, but then allow them to flow right back out.  Soon you'll find yourself able to relax and enjoy the feeling that comes with meditation.

If you can lie on a yoga mat without falling asleep, begin to let all negative energy to flow out of your body.....feel it leave through your fingers and toes and just allow yourself to sink into the mat.  Just be.

Soft music or nature sounds is often a wonderful background for meditating. Find what works best for you.

Allow your stress to float away bringing a calm to both your mind and body.  Remeber you are the one holding on to your stress and you must be the person to let it go. 

Bring balance and awareness to your life; rediscover your focus and release nervous tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment